RAVIOLI WITH PUMPKIN WALNUT SAUCE
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces cheese-filled ravioli (fresh refrigerated)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium, fat free)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 c. dried
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- Cook ravioli in large pot of boiling water per package instructions until al dente (usually 5 minutes).
- While ravioli is cooking, heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute, to lightly toast. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin and chicken broth in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring to blend well.
- When sauce is hot, add nutmeg, sage, milk, and most of the walnuts (reserve a few for sprinkling on top). Stir to blend well and
- cook an additional 2 minutes, to heat thoroughly.
- Place raviolis on individual plates in a pool of the sauce. Drizzle additional sauce on top and sprinkle reserved walnuts and some freshly chopped sage.
Accompaniments: Italian Bread, Bread sticks, plain or wrapped with prosciutto or ham, or Green Salad