- Yield: 96 servings
- 2cups butter, softened
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-- egg yolks
- 4cups flour
- 2cups (or more) finely chopped pecans
- 1cup (or more) raspberry jam, jelly or preserves
- Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolks in bowl. Add flour gradually, mixing well after each addition. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in pecans. Place on nonstick cookie sheets. Make indentation in each cooking with thump. Fill indentation with jam.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 14 minutes or until brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).