Raspberry Sunshine Torte
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/4cups coconut cookie crumbs
- 1/4cup butter, melted
- 12-- thin lemon slices
- 1quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-- (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2cup raspberry preserves
- 2quarts lemon sherbet
- -- Lemon slices, raspberry and mint (optional)
- Combine crumbs and butter. Mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Press the 12 lemon slices against sides of pan. Combine ice cream and pineapple; carefully spread over crust in pan. Spoon preserves on top. Freeze until firm. Spread sherbet over preserves and freeze until firm. Wrap the torte in freezer paper or foil. Freeze until serving time. Place torte in refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Remove rim of pan and place torte on serving dish. Garnish with lemon slices, raspberries and mint, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tulsa’s Cook’s Collage(Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1978).