Raspberry Sunshine Torte
- Yield 12 servings
This torte features raspberries, vanilla ice cream and lemon sherbet--making it the perfect summertime dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups coconut cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 -- thin lemon slices
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 -- (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 quarts lemon sherbet
- -- Lemon slices, raspberry and mint (optional)
- Combine crumbs and butter. Mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Press the 12 lemon slices against sides of pan. Combine ice cream and pineapple; carefully spread over crust in pan. Spoon preserves on top. Freeze until firm. Spread sherbet over preserves and freeze until firm. Wrap the torte in freezer paper or foil. Freeze until serving time. Place torte in refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Remove rim of pan and place torte on serving dish. Garnish with lemon slices, raspberries and mint, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tulsa’s Cook’s Collage(Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1978).