Raspberry Spinach Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 8cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed, torn
- 3/4cup walnut pieces
- 1cup fresh raspberries
- 3-- kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- Combine the jam and vinegar in a blender or small bowl and mix well. Add the oil in a fine stream, blending constantly. Combine the dressing with the spinach, 1/2 of the walnuts, 1/2 of the raspberries and 1/2 of the kiwifruit in a bowl and toss gently to coat. Top with the remaining walnuts, raspberries and kiwifruit. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Entertains (Scrumptious, Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2002).