Raspberry Spinach Salad
- Yield 8 servings
This salad is full of healthy spinach and the dressing is so tasty and simple to make.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed, torn
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 -- kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- Combine the jam and vinegar in a blender or small bowl and mix well. Add the oil in a fine stream, blending constantly. Combine the dressing with the spinach, 1/2 of the walnuts, 1/2 of the raspberries and 1/2 of the kiwifruit in a bowl and toss gently to coat. Top with the remaining walnuts, raspberries and kiwifruit. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Entertains (Scrumptious, Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2002).