Raspberry Mint Chocolate Pie Jars
- Yield 8 servings
The combination of ingredients in this delicious treat will blow your mind.
The mix is smooth and rich, and the raspberries at the bottom really finish it off to perfection. I recommend this recipe for any time of year, any occasion. This dessert is decadent yet its texture keeps it light. Plus, it looks fancy but is easy to make.
- Graham Cracker Crust, double batch
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries, plus additional for garnish
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon scant (7 drops) mint extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- To make the crust, follow the Graham Cracker Crust recipe, making a double batch. Place the Graham Cracker Crust mixture into the jars, distributing it evenly among the 8 jars. Starting in the center, use your fingers to press the crust over the bottom and up the sides of the jar.
- Place the filled jars on a cookie sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the jars from the oven, place the chocolate chips evenly in the bottom of the 8 jars, and place the jars back in the oven. Cook 4 to 8 more minutes, until the crust starts to get golden brown on the edges. Remove the Piejars from the oven. While the jars are still hot, use a spatula to gently spread the melted chocolate chips over the bottom of the crust shells. Place the Piejars on a rack to cool.
- When the Piejars are cool, line the bottom of each crust with fresh raspberries, setting aside some berries for garnish.
- To make the filling, in a medium saucepan over low heat, cook the dark chocolate with the 2 tablespoons of whipping cream, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thick. Add the butter, vanilla, and mint extract, and stir to combine, cooking for another minute. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese together at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the melted chocolate mixture, and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, whip the remaining 1 3/4 cups whipping cream until light and fluffy. Fold the whipped cream gently but thoroughly into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture evenly over the raspberries in the 8 Piejars. Cover the Piejars and refrigerate them overnight. To serve, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.