Raspberry Crunch Squares
- Yield 16 servings
Sweet bars teeming with a raspberry jam filling and topped with a golden brown crumble.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup almond meal)
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups jam (raspberry, blackberry or apricot)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 11 x 7-inch pan.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until light. Add egg and beat well. Add flour and almonds; mix well. Mixture should be a bit crumbly and dry. Pat half the mixture into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread with jam. Crumble remaining dough over jam. Pat lightly. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cut into squares.