Raspberry Cream Pie
- Yield 8 servings
"I wanted to make a raspberry dessert similar to one we had tried in a local restaurant. I started experimenting and came up with this."
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Raspberry Filling:
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups water (2 cups if using fresh berries)
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed, or 1 pint fresh
- Cream filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 ounces whipped topping, or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a deep-dish pie pan. Bake for about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the berry filling: Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add 1/2 cup water and stir until smooth. Add remaining water, corn syrup and berries. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until thick. Stir constantly. Set aside to cool. While raspberry filling is cooling, make cream filling.
- To make the cream filling: Fold cream cheese, sugar and whipped topping together gently until smooth. Spoon over cooled crust. Then spoon cooled berry filling over cream filling. Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe by Sandra Lippowiths, Caro, Mich.