Raspberry Cream Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
"I wanted to make a raspberry dessert similar to one we had tried in a local restaurant. I started experimenting and came up with this."
- 2cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1/2cup margarine or butter, melted
- Raspberry Filling:
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 6tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups water (2 cups if using fresh berries)
- 4tablespoons corn syrup
- 12ounces frozen raspberries, thawed, or 1 pint fresh
- Cream filling
- 4ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup sugar
- 5ounces whipped topping, or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a deep-dish pie pan. Bake for about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the berry filling: Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add 1/2 cup water and stir until smooth. Add remaining water, corn syrup and berries. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until thick. Stir constantly. Set aside to cool. While raspberry filling is cooling, make cream filling.
- To make the cream filling: Fold cream cheese, sugar and whipped topping together gently until smooth. Spoon over cooled crust. Then spoon cooled berry filling over cream filling. Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe by Sandra Lippowiths, Caro, Mich.