Raspberry Coconut Bars
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 2/3cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-- (7-ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1-- (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1cup red raspberry jam
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2cup (3-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4cup chopped white baking chocolate, melted
- Combine the cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl and mix well. Pat the crumb mixture over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the coconut and drizzle with the condensed milk. Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Let stand until cool.
- Spread the jam over the baked layer. Chill, covered, for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Drizzle the semisweet chocolate and white chocolate in a decorative pattern over the top. Chill, covered, until set. Cut into bars.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Maryland Dietetic Association’s Explore the Tastes of Maryland; From the Mountains to the Sea (Maryland Dietetic Association, Brooklandville, Marlyland, 2002).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 227
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 123mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 3g
- Calcium 59mg