- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
All the summers I picked raspberries along the fencerows and creeks, I would take them home and freeze them. Then I came up with this recipe. At our family get-togethers, my grandchildren always want this dessert.
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3cup melted butter
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2cups whipped topping
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup water
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 3tablespoons raspberry gelatin
- 2cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and press in a 7-by-11-inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes and cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese in a bowl.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla, if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread on top of cooled crust. Put in refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, cook sugar, water, and cornstarch until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin. Stir until dissolved.
- When cool, add fresh raspberries. (If raspberries are frozen, add to sauce before it cools.)
- Spread raspberry mixture on top of cream cheese layer and refrigerate until top layer is thick.
—Gladys Fledderjohann, St. Mary’s, OH
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 20
- Calories 510
- Fat 28g
- Saturated Fat 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Potassium 125mg
- Carbohydrate 64g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 50g
- Protein 4g
- Trans Fat 1g
- Vitamin A 20%
- Vitamin C 15%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 6%