Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 24 servings
I love cheesecake and wanted to take a recipe, simplify it, and make it my own. Whoever gives these bars a chance will really enjoy how easy they are and how delicious.
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup seedless red raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl; mix well. Stir in the flour until the mixture is crumbly. Press into the prepared pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. Mixture will not be fully cooked.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cream cheese, almond extract, and egg in the large bowl. Beat using a mixer at high speed until well blended.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Place 2 tablespoons of the jam in a small bowl and microwave on High 15 seconds, until slightly melted. Stir to blend and spoon over the cream cheese mixture. Using the tip of a spoon, carefully swirl the jam into the cream cheese layer, being careful not to disturb the crust.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until set. Place the pan on a wire rack and let stand 30 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, stir the remaining jam and spread evenly over the bars in thin layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
— Heather Stine, Catawissa, Pa.