- Yield: 12 servings
- Raspberry Brownies:
- 8ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1cup butter
- 1cup margarine
- 4cups sugar
- 8-- eggs, beaten
- 2cups flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2cups raspberry preserves
- -- Chocolate Glaze (recipe below)
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 2cups chocolate chips
- 1cup whipping cream
- To prepare brownies. Combine chocolate, butter and margarine in a 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Microwave at half power until melted. Stir at 2 minute intervals. Combine sugar and eggs in bowl and mix well. Stir in chocolate mixture, flour and salt. Add pecans and mix well. Spoon into 11×13-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Spread with raspberry preserves. Let stand until cool. Spread with Chocolate Glaze. Cut into squares.
- To prepare the chocolate glaze. Microwave chocolate chips on Medium in a 2-quart Pyrex cup for 2 minutes or until melted. Add the whipping cream, whisking until smooth.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious; How to Cater Your Own Party (Decatur, Alabama, 1997).