Rancho La Puerta Granola
- Yield 12 cups
From Tecate, Mexico, to your kitchen—a great granola recipe you'll want to keep on hand.
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 cups whole or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup whole or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large sheet pan or roasting pan, combine oats, ginger, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and almonds. Combine vanilla, oil and honey; stir well. Pour over oat mixture and toss well. Spread on a large shallow sheet pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.