Rancho La Puerta Granola
- Yield: 12 cups
- 8cups old-fashioned oats
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 2tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2cups sunflower seeds
- 2cups whole or slivered almonds
- 1/4cup whole or slivered almonds
- 1/2cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large sheet pan or roasting pan, combine oats, ginger, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and almonds. Combine vanilla, oil and honey; stir well. Pour over oat mixture and toss well. Spread on a large shallow sheet pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.