- Yield 12 servings
Pineapple and coconut pieces made this buttery, sweet pie.
While living on a ranch for 50 years, I often made this pie for the guys and gals that helped us brand cattle. They loved it, and I still make it now and then.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 stick butter or margarine
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together sugar, pineapple, eggs, flour, and coconut in a bowl. Melt butter and add to other ingredients.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake one hour or until filling is set and browned.
Recipe by Ruth Warren, Steamboat Springs, Colo.