- Yield 8 servings
Creamy and rich, these potatoes are the perfect side for a grilled steak.
"Every time we have a family dinner or reunion, my Aunt Frances calls me to and ask if I am bringing my potatoes. I never bring any leftovers home!"
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 ounces Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, scalded
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (green and white parts)
- Wash and pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Microwave on high 10 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Add yellow onion, half the Cheddar, half the bacon bits and salt. Mix well.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half. Scoop out pulp and add to cream cheese mixture, using a fork to mix well. Stir in milk. Add dry ranch dressing.
- Spread potato mixture in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining Cheddar, remaining bacon bits and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.