“Raisin’ the Bar” on Grilled Flatbread
User Submitted Recipe by Lauren Wyler
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 6ounces California Raisins
- 3fluid ounces vegetable oil
- 1/3cup finely diced red onion
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/3cup water
- 1/4cup sherry vinegar
- 1pound fresh pizza dough
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1unit Fresno chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 8ounces goat cheese
- 2tablespoons finely sliced fresh mint leaves
blog comments powered by
- Preheat an outdoor grill or large grill pan to medium-high heat.
- While grill is heating, place raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place chopped raisins, 2 ounces vegetable oil, red onion, salt, pepper and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Add sherry vinegar and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes.
- Brush grates of the grill with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Roll pizza dough into a 16-inch round, rotating and stretching the dough as you go on a lightly floured surface. Brush with remaining oil and grill, oiled side down, 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Watc closely to prevent burning.
- Remove dough from fire and place grilled side up on a lightly floured large cutting board. Evenly spread raisin jam over grilled side of dough. Top with sliced fresno chile and goat cheese. Return dough to the grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until underside is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill, top with fresh mint and serve immediately.