Raisin-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Yield 20 servings
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- (2 sticks), softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups raisins
- Confectioners' sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325F. Generously grease Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl, stir to blend and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium high until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and almond extracts and stir until blended. Add flour mixture in two batches, stirring well after each addition. Gently fold in raisins.
- Spoon batter into Bundt pan and gently smooth top so batter is evenly distributed. Bake for an hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes then invert cake onto rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Tightly cover any leftovers.
Recipe by Cheryl Barnes