Raisin-Chipotle Stuffed Pork Chops
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 40 mins
Raisins and pork are mean to be married! The flavors compliment each other perfectly and this delicious dish is easy to make as well. The zing of the chiles is a great partner with the sweetness of the raisins.
- 1/2cup California raisins
- 1 (6-ounce) package stuffing mix
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 2tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut a pocket into each pork chop. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown pork chops.
- Combine raisins, stuffing mix, broth and chipotle chiles. Spoon mixture into pockets and place chops in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake 30 minutes. Spread maple syrup over each chop and bake 10 more minutes, or until juices run clear.
Recipe by Joni Hilton