Raisin Chipotle Grilling Sauce
- Yield 3 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 1 cup husked, rinsed and chopped tomatillos
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, minced, and sauce to taste
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then puree in a blender or food processor. Makes about 3 cups.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board