Raisin Bread Pudding
- Yield: 12 servings
- 5cups white bread cubes (1-inch)
- 3cups raisin bread cubes (1-inch)
- 1/2cup raisins or currants
- 3cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4cups powdered sugar
- 6tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tablespoons apple juice
- 2tablespoons brandy or rum
- Preheat oven to 325F. Generously butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- To prepare pudding, place bread and raisins in pan.
- Pour milk into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined. Pour over bread and let stand a few minutes.
- Bake uncovered about 50 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in saucepan over low heat, stirring until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve on the side or warm pudding.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck