Raisin and Walnut Stuffed Chicken with Spicy Golden Raisin Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 35 minutes
California raisins add the perfect sweetness to this savory chicken.
This is a delicious and elegant entree that utilizes two different types of California Raisins which adds the perfect sweetness to complement the savory ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup California Raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon very fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup honey mustard dipping sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup California Golden Raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place onion, celery and garlic in a deep medium bowl. Pour water over top. Let stand 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, stuffing mix, raisins, walnuts and egg.
- Place chicken on a work surface. Spoon raisin mixture down center of each piece. Wrap chicken around stuffing and place seam side down in prepared dish. Brush tops with melted butter then sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Prepare sauce by processing dipping sauce, sour cream, golden raisins and cayenne in a food processor or blender until raisins are very finely chopped. Microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl about 1 minute or until heated through.
- To serve, place each breast on a serving plate and drizzle with warm sauce. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately. Serves 6.