Raisin and Walnut Stuffed Chicken with Spicy Golden Raisin Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
This is a delicious and elegant entree that utilizes two different types of California Raisins which adds the perfect sweetness to complement the savory ingredients.
- 2tablespoons minced onion
- 2tablespoons minced celery
- 1/4teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4cup boiling water
- 1/4cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1cup chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2cup California Raisins
- 1/4cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 6large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/4cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2teaspoon very fine sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1/3cup honey mustard dipping sauce
- 3tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4cup California Golden Raisins
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place onion, celery and garlic in a deep medium bowl. Pour water over top. Let stand 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, stuffing mix, raisins, walnuts and egg.
- Place chicken on a work surface. Spoon raisin mixture down center of each piece. Wrap chicken around stuffing and place seam side down in prepared dish. Brush tops with melted butter then sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Prepare sauce by processing dipping sauce, sour cream, golden raisins and cayenne in a food processor or blender until raisins are very finely chopped. Microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl about 1 minute or until heated through.
- To serve, place each breast on a serving plate and drizzle with warm sauce. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately. Serves 6.