Raisin and Chocolate Filled Cookies
- Yield 32 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Filled with the tastiest ingredients—chocolate and raisins
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (18-ounces) package refrigerated sugar cookies
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Combine raisins, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar and orange peel in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat 11 to 13 minutes or until raisins are plump and tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Cool 30 minutes. Meanwhile freeze cookie dough 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350F. Cut dough in half; return one half to freezer. Cut remaining half of dough into 32 very thin slices. Place 16 slices on large cookie sheet 3 inches apart. With floured hands, pat dough to 1 3/4-inch rounds. In the center of each round, place 1/4 teaspoon chocolate chips and a rounded 1/2 teaspoon of raisin mixture. On floured surface, pat remaining dough slices into 1 3/4-inch rounds. Place over filling. Press around all edges with floured fork to seal.
- Bake at 350F for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients while first pan of cookies is baking. Bake as directed.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board