Rainbow Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings
- Tahini Dressing (1 cup):
- 3/4cup tahini
- 1/2cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/3 to 1/2cup filtered water, as needed to desired consistency
- 1/3cup fresh mint, whole leaves
- 1/4cup fresh basil, whole leaves
- 1cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2cup shredded carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1/2cup shredded daikon radish (about 1/4 of a small radish)
- 1/2cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2cup sliced red beets, cut into thin discs (about 1/2 large beet)
- 1/2cup sliced cucumber (about 1 small cucumber)
- 4cups torn and lightly packed green leaf lettuce
- Into your blender, place all dressing ingredients. Blend to mix well. Add water as needed for desired texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, place tomatoes, carrot, daikon, bean sprouts, beets, and cucumber. Toss with dressing. Add lettuce last, toss lightly to mix.
- Serve salad in four bowls and garnish with fresh mint and basil. Enjoy immediately.
- Dressing will keep for 5 days in airtight container in fridge. Salad will keep for 3 days when stored separately in fridge.
Recipe originally printed in the cookbook Ani’s Raw Food Asia: Easy East-West Fusion Recipes by Ani Phyo.