Rainbow Salad with Carrot Miso Dressing
- Yield 4-6 servings
- Prep 30 minutes
- For the dressing:
- 2 carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 small red onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup lime juice or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons yellow or red miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the rainbow salad:
- 2 carrots, chopped (unpeeled if organic)
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped jicama, cucumber, or green cabbage
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more water for thinner dressing.
- Arrange the carrots, cabbage, tomato, broccoli, bell pepper, and jicama on a plate and serve with the dressing on the side.
- The dressing will keep, tightly covered, in the fridge for 1 week. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Posted with permission from The Family Cooks (Rodale, 2014) by Laurie David.