Radishes with Honey and Lemon
- Yield 4 servings
Garden radishes are braised with a glaze of honey and sprinkling of fresh chives.
Braising tames radishes’ natural pepperiness, and honey rounds out their flavor with a touch of sweetness.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon each lemon juice and vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large bunches radishes, roots trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Whisk honey, lemon juice and vi¬negar in a small bowl. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes and sauté 2 minutes. Add honey mixture and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper and chives. Serve warm or room temperature.