- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- 4large red bell peppers
- 2cups fresh spinach
- 2cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1cup quinoa, soaked for at least 20 minutes and rinsed well
- 1 1/2cups vegetable stock
- 1/2cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2cup frozen corn
- 1/4cup goji berries or golden raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground cayenne (add more for heat)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add quinoa, cook for 20 minutes.
- Sautee vegetables except spinach in a large saucepan with coconut oil and spices until softened. Add mixture to a food processor and lightly pulse until the chunks of vegetables are uniform and small.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa and raw spinach to the filling mixture and stir until combined. The spinach will wilt from the heat. Add goji berries.
- Cut the tops off the red peppers very close to the top (1/2 inch). Remove seeds and inside ribs—the white linings of the pepper. You may also need to cut the bottom slightly to ensure the pepper can stand on it’s own and balance. Be careful not to cut a hole in the bottom.
- Spoon quinoa filling mixture into each red pepper—about 1 cup or more will fit in each pepper depending on how large they are.
- Stand the bell peppers upright in an edged square dish, cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes with foil covering the dish, remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes or until top is crispy.
This recipe originally appeared as Moroccan Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers on Nutrition Stripped.
Nutritional Info *per serving