- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 3tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/3cup olive oil
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2cups quinoa
- 4cups water or chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-- fuyu persimmons, peeled and finely diced
- 1cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/4cups crumbled feta or fresh goat cheese
- To make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, pomegranat juice, and mustard. Add the olive oil, whisking until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the salad: Pour the quinoa into a bowl of cold water and wash it, rubbing it between your hands. Drain and repeat until the water is clear. Bring the 4 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir once and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool.
- Add the persimmons and pomegranate seeds to the quinoa. Mix with a fork to keep the quinoa fluffy. Add the parsley and chives.
- Pour the dressing over the grains and fruit and mix with the fork. Carefully add the feta cheese. Taste for seasoning and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve.
Reprinted with permission from Diane Rossen Worthington's Seriously Parties: Recipes, Menus and Advice for Effortless Entertaining (Chronicle Books, 2012).