Quick Vegetable Curry
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup water
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 3medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2cups sliced mushrooms
- 2medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 2medium celery stalks, sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2pound firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2cups finely chopped fresh kale
- 2teaspoons curry powder
- 1tablespoon peanut butter
- 1tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat water and soy sauce to a simmer. Add onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until carrots just begin to soften.
- Gently stir in tofu, bell pepper, and kale. Add curry powder. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until kale is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and vinegar. Stir into the vegetable mixture.
Recipe preprinted with permission from Foods That Fight Pain by Neal Barnard, M.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D., courtesy of The Cancer Project
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 126
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 353mg
- Carbohydrate 15.3g
- Fiber 4.3g
- Sugars 6.6g
- Protein 8.4g