Quick Turkey Lasagna
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 55 mins
Lasagna doesn't have to take hours to prepare, as this healthy, updated recipe demonstrates.
For the person who doesn't have time to cook but wants to impress, combine jarred pasta sauce, leftover turkey and no-boil noodles for a perfect lasagna. If youre using regular lasagna noodles instead of no-boil noodles, do not bake before freezing.
- 3 cups cooked, skinless turkey, cut into strips
- 2 (26-ounce) jars red pasta sauce
- 1 package (8-ounce) no-boil lasagna noodle
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages (10-ounce) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4-ounce) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine turkey and pasta sauce.
- Spread thin layer of turkey sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with one-third of the noodles, one-third of the remaining turkey sauce, one-third of the mozzarella, half the spinach and one-third of goat cheese. Repeat layers, using remaining spinach. Place remaining noodles, turkey sauce, mozzarella and goat cheese on top.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer, or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
To Freeze: Cool to room temperature. Wrap, label and freeze. Recommended freezing time: up to 3 months.
To Serve: Remove from freezer and thaw several hours in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350F, bake, covered, 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer. Alternately, you can reheat in microwave if cut into pieces.
Recipe by Holly Clegg.