- Yield: 30 pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4tablespoons sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1cup plus 1 tablespoon plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 1/2 to 3cups self-rising flour
- 2cups canola oil, for frying
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and yogurt in a nonreactive bowl. Slowly whisk in enough of the flour to form a thick batter. Allow batter to rest about 20 minutes.
- Place oil in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan (you want about 2 inches of oil in the pan) and heat to 325F. With a teaspoon, drop small mounds of batter into the hot oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning the donuts with the spoon or a slotted spatula, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a plate covered with a clean towel.
- While still warm, place on a platter and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.
Adapted from Racheli Smilovits.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 60
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat .4g