Quick Quinoa Medley
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2cups (1/2-inch) cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2cups quinoa
- 1 1/2cups water
- 1/2cup California Raisins
- 1/3cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3tablespoons orange juice
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat or regular crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread sweet potatoes onto a large baking sheet and roast in center of oven until just fork tender, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, cover with lid and cook over medium-high heat until all the liquid is gone, about 15 minutes. Fluff cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Add cooked sweet potatoes, raisins and pine nuts.
- Whisk orange juice, olive oil, shallots, orange rind and chili powder in a small bowl. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Add feta cheese and toss a few times more.
*NOTE: To toast pine nuts, place in small skillet over medium heat. Shake skillet often until pine nuts are golden all over, about 4 minutes.