Quick Pork Posole
- Yield 7 servings
Use leftover pork roast to make this quick-and-easy Southwestern stew.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5 anaheim or jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Kalua Pork
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans hominy
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnishes: Chopped avocado, red onion, baked corn tortillas, crumbled Queso Blanco (Mexican) cheese or shredded Monterey Jack, and limes
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion, peppers and garlic; saute 10 minutes. Add oregano and cumin; saute 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, Kalua Pork, hominy and cilantro and cook until thoroughly heated. Ladle into soup bowls; serve with avocado, corn tortillas, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.