Quick Okra Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Okra with soy, sesame, garlic and ginger.
- 3/4 pound fresh okra
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanut oil
- 1 large clove garlic. minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked Asian noodles or rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Trim okra and gently rinse in cold running water; lightly shake dry. Heat oil over high heat in a wok or large skillet. Sauté okra in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes more or until pods are a brilliant green with slight browning along some of the edges.
- Toss with soy and sesame. Serve over noodles and top with cilantro; serve immediately.
Recipe by David Feder.