Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Yield 16 servings
Blueberries burst with flavor and nutrition. This luscious lemon bread will become a go-to easy favorite.
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat or regular baking mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and lemon extract and continue to beat.
- Gently stir baking mix and lemon rind. Carefully stir in blueberries. Fold batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- After removing from oven, poke holes over top of bread in 1 in intervals.
- In microwave-safe dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until sugar is dissolved.
- Glaze bread, slice, and serve.