Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2cups reduced-fat or regular baking mix
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2cups blueberries
- 1/3cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and lemon extract and continue to beat.
- Gently stir baking mix and lemon rind. Carefully stir in blueberries. Fold batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- After removing from oven, poke holes over top of bread in 1 in intervals.
- In microwave-safe dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until sugar is dissolved.
- Glaze bread, slice, and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 164
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 20g
- Protein 3g