Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Yield 16 servings
Blueberries burst with flavor and nutrition. This luscious lemon bread will become a go-to easy favorite.
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat or regular baking mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch nonstick loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lemon extract.
- Stir in baking mix and lemon rind just until blended. Carefully stir in blueberries. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately poke holes in 1-inch intervals on top of bread with toothpick. In microwave-safe dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over top of bread. Cool and slice.