Quick Island Curry with Chicken, Raisins, and Coconut Milk
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 12 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
This perfect blend of savory, sweet and heat goes from prep to table in minutes.
It's a mini-vacation on an exotic tropic isle for the whole family!
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup California Raisins
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 4 minutes, or until softened. Sprinkle with curry, ginger and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes to skillet and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Stir in chicken, raisins, coconut milk and lime juice. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro.