Quick Creamy Shrimp with Pasta
- Yield 5 servings
"This is my version of Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, without the heavy cream or flour."
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, add shrimp and cook until opaque in the center, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper until well blended. Remove pan from the heat and add cheese; mix gently.
- Serve over pasta with additional cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top.
Recipe by Vina Lewis, Fortuna, Calif.