- 4 ears fresh corn
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2cup Alouette cheese and artichoke spread
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2cup chopped arugula or spinach
blog comments powered by
- Cut corn kernels from cob. Scrape cobs with back of knife to release milk. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in large Dutch oven. Remove from pan, drain and crumble.
- Add onions and corn to bacon drippings. Saute 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and milk.
- Cook 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add Alouette cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Stir in salt and arugula. Serve with crumbled bacon. Makes 8 cups.