Quick Cranberry Pineapple Relish
- Yield 8 servings
This raw cranberry relish has a refreshing taste. To save same, substitute 4 cups canned unsweetened pineapple for the fresh.
- 2 -- (12-ounce) bags fresh cranberries, well-rinsed
- 2 cups light brown sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 1 cup pecans
- In a food processor fitted with metal blade, combine cranberries, 2 cups light brown sugar, pineapple, ginger root and pecans, if using. Process using on/off pulses until ingredients are blended but still coarse. Add more sugar to taste.