- Yield 4 cups
A great last minute chili sure to please.
Terrific Tip: To cook in slow cooker, first cook meat and onion in skillet until done. Serve with chopped red onions, avocado and shredded reduced-fat cheese.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- In large nonstick pot, cook meat and onion until done; drain off any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
Dietary Exchange: 1 starch, 3 vegetables, 4 lean meat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg, 2012)