Quick Chicken Tagine
- Yield 4 servings
- 6 -- boneless chicken thighs, each quartered
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced 1/2"
- 12 -- mini cut carrots, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 -- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained, juice reserved
- 1 clove garlic, put through press
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- -- Couscous (for four) prepared according to box directions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped black oil cured olives
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro + sprigs for garnish
Pat chicken dry, dust with flour, and saute until golden on all sides in oil in large skillet (may need 2 skillets). Add onions, carrots, orange juice, tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, sugar, chicken granules and salt. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir cornstarch into reserved tomato juices and add. Heat, stirring, until thickened. Prepare couscous. Stir olives into tagine.
Divide grains among 6 bowls and spoon chicken and sauce on top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.