Quick Chicken Tagine
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6-- boneless chicken thighs, each quartered
- 1teaspoon flour
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, diced 1/2"
- 12-- mini cut carrots, sliced
- 1cup orange juice
- 1-- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained, juice reserved
- 1clove garlic, put through press
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- -- Couscous (for four) prepared according to box directions
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped black oil cured olives
- 2tablespoons minced cilantro + sprigs for garnish
Pat chicken dry, dust with flour, and saute until golden on all sides in oil in large skillet (may need 2 skillets). Add onions, carrots, orange juice, tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, sugar, chicken granules and salt. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir cornstarch into reserved tomato juices and add. Heat, stirring, until thickened. Prepare couscous. Stir olives into tagine.
Divide grains among 6 bowls and spoon chicken and sauce on top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.