Quick Chicken Mole
Carla Hall's Quick Chicken Mole is the perfect solution for chocolate lovers to have chocolate before dessert, not to mention packing in the healthful antioxidants that chocolate possesses.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 3 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 rotisserie chicken, divided into 6 pieces, warmed
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and chiles to saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in tahini and chocolate until melted. Stir in chopped cilantro; remove from heat and cool slightly. Process in a blender or foord processor for 20 seconds or until smooth. (Add some water if sauce is too think.) Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with avocado and tomato.
Reprinted with permission from The Carb Lovers Diet Cookbook by Ellen Kunes and Frances Largeman-Roth, Oxmoor House.
Watch our video to see how it’s made: