Quick Chicken Mole
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1can diced tomatoes
- 1can green chiles
- 1teaspoon tahini
- 3ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 rotisserie chicken, divided into 6 pieces, warmed
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and chiles to saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in tahini and chocolate until melted. Stir in chopped cilantro; remove from heat and cool slightly. Process in a blender or foord processor for 20 seconds or until smooth. (Add some water if sauce is too think.) Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with avocado and tomato.
Reprinted with permission from The Carb Lovers Diet Cookbook by Ellen Kunes and Frances Largeman-Roth, Oxmoor House.
Watch our video to see how it’s made:
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 354
- Fat 17.2g
- Carbohydrate 19g