Quick Breakfast Pudding
- Yield 4 servings
Dried fruit and oatmeal make a sweet, creamy breakfast cereal.
- 8 dried apricot halves
- 5 dried figs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 green apple (Pippin or Granny Smith)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups fortified soy- or rice milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chop apricots, figs, and raisins in a food processor.
- Cut apple in quarters and remove core. Add to dried fruit in food processor and chop fine.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add oats, soy or rice milk, and cinnamon. Heat to a simmer, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Makes about 4 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D., courtesy of The Cancer Project