Quick Beef Stew
- Yield servings
On a cold night, nothing beats a steaming bowl of stew.
- 2 pounds lean boneless top round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced (1-inch)
- 1 3/4 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 cup lite beer
- Combine meat and flour in a plastic bag; close bag and shake.
- Coat a large pot with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat until hot. Add meat and cook until browned, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Add carrots, potatoes, onion, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, beef broth, and beer. Cover and cook approximately 1 hour, or until meat is tender and vegetables are done.