Quick Banana Muffins
- Yield: 1
- 1 3/4cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup sugar
- 3/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, egg, bananas, oil and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill twelve muffin cups three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., Cooking in High Cotton, the Cotton Country Collection (the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., 2008)