Queso Mexicano with Chipotle-Honey Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4cup honey
- 7ounces chipotle chile, if canned, drain and cut up
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1pound queso fresco (Mexican-style fresh cheese)
- Cut cheese into small cubes and place on either a shallow serving dish or deep dish and set aside.
- In a blender of food processor, blend chipotle chile with vinegar. Slowly add honey and olive oil. Continue blending until mixture has a thick sauce consistency.
- Pour sauce liberally over the cheese cubes. Place tooth-picks on cheese cubes and serve. Keep remaining sauce for dipping.