Queso Mexicano with Chipotle-Honey Sauce
- Yield 8 servings
Cubes of queso fresco drizzled with a chile-honey sauce make an easy appetizer or snack.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 7 ounces chipotle chile, if canned, drain and cut up
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pound queso fresco (Mexican-style fresh cheese)
- Cut cheese into small cubes and place on either a shallow serving dish or deep dish and set aside.
- In a blender of food processor, blend chipotle chile with vinegar. Slowly add honey and olive oil. Continue blending until mixture has a thick sauce consistency.
- Pour sauce liberally over the cheese cubes. Place tooth-picks on cheese cubes and serve. Keep remaining sauce for dipping.