Queen Elizabeth II’s Drop Scones
- Yield 16 servings
Enjoy a taste of the royal treatment with these buttery scones from her majesty's personal recipe.
- 4 teacups flour
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teacups milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons bi-carbonate soda
- 3 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Beat eggs, sugar and about half the milk together, add flour, and mix well together adding remainder of milk as required, also bi-carbonate and cream of tartar, fold in the melted butter.
–Recipe courtesy of the National Archives. Ingredients, measurements, and instructions remain accurate to historical records. The Queen’s handwritten recipe merely says the recipe serves 16 people. To prepare, preheat oven to 375F. Once dough is mixed, drop by tablespoon-sized onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.