Chicken with Island Orzo
- Yield servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken,skinned,de boned and shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 -- teaspoonsalt
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut,shredded
- 2 -- limes,zested and juiced
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple,undrained
- 1 large head red tip leaf lettuce
Cook orzo according to directions.Cool.
De-bone chicken and shred into bite size pieces.Combine 3c. deboned, shredded chicken to a large bowl with 1-1/2 cups cooked orzo.
In a medium size bowl combine the sour cream,sugar,salt,shredded coconut,lime zest ,lime juice and crushed pineapple.Stir well ,add to chicken and orzo toss until combined,chill.Serve over lettuce leaves.