Purple Vegetable Slaw
- Yield 4 servings
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sprinkle cabbage with the 1⁄4 teaspoon salt; set aside. In bowl, combine kidney beans, corn, coriander, tomato, green onion, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes and garlic; mix well. Add cabbage, and pepper to taste.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay by Anne Lindsay (Wiley).