Pureed Celery Root
- Yield 4 servings
Sometimes some of the strangest looking vegetables are the best tasting. One if these is celery root, or celeriac. Try this as a side with a pan seared piece of fish and some sauteed spinach.
- 2 -- celery roots, or celeriacs, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan, make sure that you add enough broth to cover celery root by 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until celery root is soft.
- When soft, drain and reserve cooking liquid. Puree celery root and butter, adding reserved liquid until desired consistency. Season with salt and serve.