PUMPKIN, WALNUT AND ORANGE RAVIOLI
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 1/2cup chopped California walnuts
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 1-- (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4cup thawed, frozen orange juice concentrate, divided
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8-- extra wide (10 Inch) lasagna noodles
- 1cup canned fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup finely shredded Swiss chard
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted. Set aside and reserve.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add pumpkin, 2 tablespoons of the concentrate, 1 tablespoon of the sage and 6 tablespoons of the walnuts; stir and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside; keep warm.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well. Cut each noodle into 3 equal-sized rectangles. Set aside; keep warm.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat combine broth, chard and the remaining 2 tablespoons concentrate and 1 tablespoon sage. Set aside; keep warm.
- To assemble ravioli, for each serving place 3 noodle pieces on a dinner plate; top each with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture. Cover each with another noodle piece. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts, dividing equally.
Recipe developed by Diana Torrey/Torrey Food Communications
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 390
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 590mg
- Potassium 610mg
- Carbohydrate 63g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 13g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 340%
- Vitamin C 60%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 25%